Thursday, May 31, 2012

We got rid of our microwave...I'm serious.

I just recently read a blog post about how horrible microwaves are for you and your food. (See it here) I have heard whispers in the past that microwaves are bad, blah blah blah. But, I didn't want to hear it. I loved my microwave and EVERYBODY has a microwave. It's 2012, people! So for years I just shut my ears off and refused to hear the bad stuff. And then the other night I slipped up and read that blog. Dang it. Now I know. Microwaves change our food. It turns healthy food into unhealthy food. Not to mention all the "safe" small doses of radiation that a microwave uses. Well, what's the dang point?!? I looked over at Chris and said, "I think we have to get rid of our microwave". And he agreed! What an amazing man.

My favorite parts of this whole thing are how I feel after purging something bad and realizing that I can live without it and the conversation that I had with Ramona as I was packing up the microwave into the junk closet.

Ramona: What are you doing?
Me: I'm getting rid of our microwave because I found out that it is bad for our bodies.
Ramona: Oh, what are you going to do with it?
Me: I don't know. We could give it away.
Ramona: But, if it's bad for our bodies won't it be bad for somebody else's body too?
Me: Well...yes. Maybe we can take it to Goodwill and if somebody wants it then they can buy it.
Ramona: But it will be bad for their body too!
Me: Yep...hmmm. I don't know. Should we throw it away?
Ramona: I think so.
Me: Ok, I'll talk to your dad.

Like I said, it's in our junk closet. I don't know what to do with it. Possibly the recycling center? I don't want to pollute the earth either!

So, who thinks we're crazy!?! :)

No comments: