Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas conversations with a 2 year old

Christmas was so much fun this year! This is the first time that Ramona understood what was going on. At least the presents part of it. I had a conversation with her that went something like this.

Me: Ramona, do you know why we have Christmas?
Ramona: Yes.
Me: Why?
Ramona: Presents.
Me: Crap, next year we need to get a nativity scene.

My parents took the kids to see Santa one day when Chris and I were busy. It turns out that Ramona is not a fan. She likes the idea of Santa...from a distance.

Ramona: I want to open my presents.
Me: We have to wait until Christmas day.
Ramona: I want to open my presents.
Me: I know, but we have to wait until Saturday. On Christmas Eve Santa will come to our house and...
Ramona: WHAT?!?
Me: (Thinking: Santa is going to come in our house...no...at night...no....down the chimney...nope...) Never mind. On Christmas Eve reindeer are going to come to our house OUTSIDE and bring you presents. Do you want to leave them food on the lawn?
Ramona: Yes!
Me: Phew! That was a close one.


No comments: