Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dr. Ferber, I think I love you. (Picture Update)

Picture Update!

Ramona in her pink Alamo hat that Grandpa gave her.

Sitting in her high chair reading her Noah's Ark book.
.................................................................................................................
Sorry it's been so long since my last update. But a lot has happened!
1. Ramona is sitting up like a pro.
2. We are trying (unsuccessfully) to start her on solid foods...She hates rice cereal. I dont mean she dislikes it...she HATES it. And shows us how much by cringing and gagging and blowing it out of the spoon before it hits her mouth. I think I'm going to try mixing it with fruit or buying a different kind. She's six and a half months old now, she's a grown up baby who wants solid food! One of the daycare workers told me today that every time Ramona sees other babies eating solid food she yells at them as if to say, "Hey you stingy baby, did you bring enough for the class?"
3. And last but NOT least. We are teaching her how to put herself asleep! And get this...it's working!!! We are using the Ferber Method, which basically lets the baby cry it out while the parents go into reassure the baby in timed intervals. Here's how the first couple of nights went:
First night, it took 30 minutes. Not too shabby, but certainly not fun.
Second night, it took TWO MINUTES! WHAT?!? Maybe this Ferber guy isnt a complete moron.
Third night, it took (no lie) thirty seconds. She was asleep before I even got the baby monitor turned on. Now, not all of the nights since then have gone quite so well, but it hasnt been bad at all.


I have a bunch of adorable pictures I need to post, but I will have to do that at another time. Just to give you a little teaser, Ramona is wearing a tiny pink hat in alot of them. She looks great in hats. Also, tomorrow is picture day at her daycare, so as soon as I get those proofs, I'll post those too. See ya!


2 comments:

Alyssa G said...

YAY for sleep! I am glad it is working for you, Ferber got a bad rap, he has some smart things to say!

Also, about the solids, Oliver refused them until 8 months. He refused to eat purees or rice cereal. Now he is on table food and loving it! Here is a secret: rice cereal is filler anyway.

Phu said...

your blog litterally made me laugh out loud.