Friday, November 7, 2008

It's sinking in...

Yesterday was a hard day. One side of my brain is wondering why I was chosen to be let go and most everyone else gets to stay. While my rational side says, "This was obviously meant to be, something better will come along." I'm just struggling with feeling utterly replaceable.

And to make matters worse, Ramona had a HORRIBLE day yesterday! She scooted herself off our guest bed onto the carpeted floor, flat on her back with a giant THUMP! Luckly that bed is only 2 feet off the ground and not 4 feet off the ground like our other bed in the house. THANK GOD! Poor thing is fine, just got scared. (Me too). And then, last night in my sleepy stupor, I forgot to turn the baby monitor on after a night feeding and she went 6 hours unmonitored. I'm quite sure she woke up and screamed until she fell asleep. Because she does NOT sleep that long peacefully.

Sorry, sweet baby girl, Mama's losing her mind.
:(

4 comments:

Alyssa G said...

You are a good mama! Wanna hear a secret? Sometimes I leave the monitor off on purpose...

Miranda and Roger said...

YOU are not replaceable. You are a very special person and touch so many people Keep your head up. Things do happen for a reason and one day you'll look back on this and realize why. I'm so sorry.

Phu said...

Sorry to hear that you did not have a great day, but there are some benefits to having all of this time. You get to spend more quality time with Ramona. You are able to run errands during the day that you could never find time to do before. You can have a casual lunch with friend(s), instead of a rushed lunch during the week. And I am a believer that things happen for a reason and happen for the best. You are a great designer and you will find something. Hang in there!

Lauren said...

Mandy! I just wnat you to know that you are not replaceable! Its all stupid corporate crap and you are wonderful and amazing and smart and a great mom. Ramona and Chris are so lucky to have you and I feel lucky to get to be your friend.