Saturday, March 7, 2009

Party Plans and the Zoo!

Today was a big day. As I type this, Ramona is passed out in her crib. And might I add, she put her self to sleep without shedding a single tear. So, here were today's activities:

1. I won the ebay auction for Ramona's birthday present. It's a giant frog tent. I fell in love with it when I saw it at another mom's house and had to have it. I'm quite sure I over paid. I HOPE it gets here in time for her party on Saturday.


2. We bought all the decorations for Ramona's party. I'm so excited! I thought I might be sad that she's turning one, but I can't wait to see her smash the cake in her face. It's not sad seeing her grow up, everyday is more fun than the day before. It's the teen years that I worry about.

3. Since Chris went out of town for the day, we had to do something fun to get out of the house. So we went to the...ZOO! It was so much fun. But when did house cats, ducks and roosters make it into the zoo? Those were, of course, Ramona's favorite zoo attractions. Forget the monkeys, show me a chicken!

I took thousands of pictures, here are a few of my favorites.


I'm pretty sure there's a sign that says,
"Do not poke fingers inside the cage." Whoops.
Fear not, everybody left with just as many
fingers and toes as we came with.

The turtles were not such a big hit.

But she LOVED all the leaves.

She thinks she's invisible. Where's Ramona?

1 comment: