Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mr. Congeniality

Max is all smiles right now.
He just loves showing off his teeth!

Ramona was all jazzed up about starting a garden! Here she is sporting the latest fashions in gardening footwear in JoAnn's Fabrics. (The rest of the outfit is not a costume. Just her everday wear.)

We tried out a new cookie recipe and substitued the flour for whole wheat.
They turned out great! They earned Ramona's seal of approval, at least.

And here's the healthy rundown for the week:

1. We picked up our first CSA box today! It was so exciting. Justine (my shopping buddy) and I picked it up from the Farmer's Market and headed straight to Sprouts. We, of course, lost track of time and totally missed our husbands and the rest of the band playing their first Wednesday night at church as the worship band for the youth group. Dang Sprouts and it's organic food time warp!

2. I tried cloth diapers. They were totally fine! I researched and emailed like crazy trying to find good deals on used ones (don't gross out, it's totally normal) and no luck. So, I think I'm just going to stick with plain ol' HEB brand diapers. Maybe I'll stumble onto a good deal one day. (Alyssa, I need to give you your loaners back. Thanks for letting me try them!)

3. It still remains to be seen if the garden is going to do well...more on that in the weeks to come.

Next week...making my own laundry detergent, visiting a dairy farm and the challenge of using up my CSA box with a carnivore husband.

1 comment:

Alyssa G said...

Yea, if you aren't having any more children the price of cloth is probably too much. It makes sense if you are going to use them with multiple kiddos though. It really depends on why you are doing it. Cost or saving the planet. I have ways of getting cloth diapers down to a very reasonable amount, but it takes a bit more work.