Monday, April 11, 2011

Jesus Flowers

This weekend we went with Chris and his band, Price Hill, to Camp Zephyr. Chris ended up being REALLY busy the whole time, so we had to keep ourselves busy with hiking and the great outdoors! On our first hike (just me and the kids)...

We went over the bridge...

Up the stairs...did I mention Max was in a stroller?

To the lake!!!

Max got hot and fussy.

Ramona learned about blue bonnets:
Me: Ramona, those are bluebonnets. Aren't they beautiful?
Ramona: Yes, I love them!
Me: You can't pick them.
Ramona: But I want to pick them because they are so special!
Me: I know, I'm sorry, but we can't. If everybody picks them, there won't be any left!
Ramona: (Thinks for a minute...) Are they for Jesus?
Me: Yes, those flowers are for Jesus.

Ramona got "cold freezing" in 90 degree weather.

No much of an outdoorsman.

Ramona made herself a light snack.

We took Poppy and Mimi on the trail. Max hikes in style!

And we found a tiny turtle!

We had tons of fun and Price Hill did great! Hopefully we can go to more of the camps this summer. Please send me tips on how to keep the kids entertained at teen camps. I can't wait until Max is a little older, he will have more fun and I won't have to carry him so much...I'm exhausted!

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Thanks for sharing your photos Mandy and your weekend!

Amy said...

you have found pretty much the only thing to keep kids entertained at teen camps. thats exactly what i do with my kids. and take lots of toys when it gets too hot to play outside. some camps will let you swim even during off hours, if you let them know ahead of time, like that morning, or the night before. it depends on their liability insurance though. some places wont let you without a lifeguard.